Hummingbird Symbolism is associated with life and wealth in many civilisations. Talismans in the form of hummingbirds were thought to grant the bearer sexual strength, abilities, and a large flow of energy by the Aztecs. The hummingbird is Jamaica’s national bird and a famous symbolic bird throughout the Caribbean.
More generally, numerous tribes in Mexico and Peru devoted considerable attention to the birds, and many customs and ceremonies were dedicated to them. Even today, from the Nazca plains in Peru, you can see the gigantic outlines of a lovely hummingbird etched into stone by the Nazca – a pre-Inca society.
The most common hummingbird tattoo meanings, however, are love and pleasure. The hummingbird is also referred to as the lovebird. Native Americans have tales regarding the hummingbird’s origin. According to one of them, the raven made such lovely birds from the blossoming spring flowers.
It gifted those animals with the capacity to flutter like “lambent sunshine between the branches of the trees.” Hummingbirds were so appreciative that they thanked each flower individually for the gift of elegance and beauty. So, the hummingbird tattoo ideas as a sign of playful nature stems from this mythology.
The picture of a hummingbird hovering above flowers as a tattoo is a fantastic way to portray this bird in action. The meaning of the hummingbird flower tattoo is mutual aid and survival, overcoming difficulties and shortcomings. In addition, hummingbird and flower tattoo are connected with providing pleasure, being a sign of hope, adding charm, and expressing life. If this describes you, a hummingbird tattoo is an excellent option.
Here are the 11 hidden spiritual meanings behind hummingbird tattoos are:
- Joy: A humming bird tattoo can represent joy, reminding you to find happiness in life.
- Love: It can symbolise love and romance, reminding you to cherish the love in your life.
- Energy: It can signify strength and endurance, encouraging you to push through challenges.
- Transformation: A hummingbird tattoo can represent personal growth and change, inspiring you to embrace transformation.
- Healing: A hummingbird can be associated with recovery, reminding you to take care of your physical and emotional well-being.
- Heart Chakra: It can be connected to the heart chakra, reminding you to lead with love and compassion.
- Ancestors: It can represent a connection to your ancestors, reminding you to honour your roots.
- Lightness: A hummingbird tattoo can symbolise grace and freedom, encouraging you to move through life easily.
- Perseverance: It can represent perseverance and determination, inspiring you never to give up.
- Playfulness: It can symbolise playfulness, reminding you to enjoy fun and life.
- Spirituality: Finally, a hummingbird tattoo can represent spirituality, reminding you to stay connected to the natural and spiritual worlds.
You May Also Like